This creamy chimichurri sauce takes minutes to make, and tastes amazing on everything!
When people tell me that healthy eating is boring and has no variety, I ask, “Are you experimenting with differences sauces and spices?” The flavor of food can change dramatically depending on what seasoning or dressing you put on it, and you can make multiple dishes with the same base ingredients.
So recently, when I got a bit bored by the same marinade I put on my steak, I decided to switch it up a bit with this creamy chimichurri sauce, and dayuuum, it added SO MUCH flavor and I ended up putting the leftover sauce on everything for the next several days.
Yup, these are all ingredients that go into this creamy chimichurri sauce. So simple and healthy, right? I love a good creamy sauce, and the addition of an avocado makes it a perfect texture, not too thick and not too thin. Which is why you can seriously use this sauce for anything!
So far, I have used it as a dipping sauce for steak and veggies, a refreshing dressing on a salad, and even topped my gluten free smoked salmon toast with it for a burst of flavor. I just can’t get enough of it, and I highly recommend you try it out!
Creamy Chimichurri Sauce (Paleo & Vegan)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, packed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, raw and unfiltered
- 1 large avocado, peeled and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, if needed
- Place all ingredients, except olive oil, in a high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add more olive oil if you want the sauce to be thinner.
- Enjoy as dressing, dip, or sauce over everything!