Quick and easy grilled salmon skewers flavored with lemon garlic marinade is a delicious Whole30 and keto summer grill recipe. They are so fun to eat as well!
My favorite food to grill (besides steak, of course) is seafood. It’s one type of food that taste 20x better when grilled than cooked any other way. And my favorite seafood is wild-caught salmon that’s packed with heart-healthy nutrients and omega-3s.
Grilled Salmon Skewers with Lemon Garlic Marinade Recipe
This salmon kebab recipe is one that will be on repeat all summer. Not only does it yield super flavorful and moist salmon on the grill, it’s so easy and quick to make for when you are lazy or short on time.
This lemon garlic marinade for salmon is what really makes a difference in the flavor of this recipe. The fresh savory tartness of the lemon, dijon mustard, garlic, and herbs really brightens up the dish and keeps the salmon kebabs moist throughout the grilling process.
How To Grill Salmon For Best Texture and Flavor
Salmon might be one of the easiest food to grill because it cooks so fast. However, you do need to keep an eye on it because it can turn tough and dry fast if you cook it for too long. Here are some of my favorite tips on how to grill salmon for that perfectly moist texture.
- Generously grease the grill grates. Nothing ruins delicate salmon as quickly as when it starts sticking to the grill and falling apart.
- Rub the salmon with some kind of oil or oil-based marinade to lock in moisture. I like using avocado oil because it doesn’t add any specific flavor and it’s resilient to high heat cooking.
- Don’t cook for longer than 3 minutes on each side, unless you are using a thick piece of salmon.
- Be gentle when flipping salmon. I love these grilled salmon skewers because the skewers make them so easy to flip without ruining the shape.
- Sprinkle some kind of acid to bring out the flavor of the salmon. Lemon or some kind of citrus juice is my favorite on seafood, but apple cider vinegar also works in the pinch.
Hope you enjoy this Grilled Salmon Skewers with Lemon Garlic Marinade! You don’t have to eat the lemon slices that are added to the skewers (they are more to flavor the salmon kebabs), but I personally like to nibble on them because they turn so smoky and delicious after being grilled.
Grilled Salmon Skewers with Lemon Garlic Marinade (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- 1.5 lb salmon filet preferably wild-caught
- 2-3 large lemons thinly sliced crosswise
Lemon Garlic Marinade
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- Metal skewers or if you use bamboo, make sure to soak them in water first
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and whisk them together.
- Cut the salmon filet into 1-inch pieces.
- Add the salmon pieces into the marinade and gently toss together until coated so they don't fall apart.
- Thread 2 salmon pieces onto a skewer and then a lemon slice folded in half. Keep repeating until all the salmon and lemon are skewered.
- Preheat the grill on medium high heat and grease it with avocado oil.
- Grill the skewers for 2 minutes on each side until all salmon pieces are just cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.