Happy Monday! It’s been a glorious weekend in NorCal that was warm and sunny. After a week of rain and flood, I’m so happy that it has finally cleared up and that I can go on long walks with my dogs in a t-shirt and yoga pants (basically my uniform). Anywho… let’s talk about these Instant Pot eggs in marinara sauce.
One of the biggest requests I receive from my readers is that they want to see more Instant Pot recipes. Well, ask and you shall receive. This week, I’m posting not 1, but 2 Instant Pot recipes, and these yummy eggs cooked in marinara sauce are the first on the lineup!
Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and all, and I think celebration should start as soon as you wake up. And what better way to celebrate love than with a healthy warm breakfast that gives you all the happy feels?
This recipe won’t yield a runny yolk, but it’ll be soft and still delicious. They were cooked just past the runny stage, so they tasted creamy and so so decadent. I especially loved it over some Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free toast. If you are avoiding yeast for one reason or another, try making my Paleo Yeast Free Bread. The crispiness of the toast complements with the soft yummy eggs perfectly!
Don’t you think your honey will love starting the day with a delicious breakfast like this? Just don’t tell him or her that it took less than 20 minutes. If you have a busy morning and want to take even less time, you can even prep and make the marinara sauce base the night before and just cook the eggs in the morning, which is literally 0 minute cooking time in the Instant Pot. There’s nothing to not love about that!
Hope you have a great Valentine’s Day, and make sure to treat yourself and your loved ones with delicious food, sweets, and kind loving words!
Instant Pot Eggs in Marinara SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup sugar-free marinara sauce
- 4-6 eggs
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Put coconut oil in the Instant Pot and turn it on to "Sauté" setting. Wait a few minutes for it to get hot.
- Add garlic, onion, red bell pepper, chili powder, paprika cumin to the Instant Pot. Season generously with salt and pepper, and cook while stirring for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and the peppers are soft.
- Add marinara sauce and stir everything together. Turn off heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully crack the eggs into the sauce, making sure you don't crack the yolks. Try to make them spaced out evenly.
- Close the lid, make sure the pressure valve is closed, and set the Instant Pot to Manual on low pressure for 0 minute.
- Once it beeps to finish, quickly release the pressure valve and open the lid.