This Lemon Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower dish is a flavorful and delicious side for everyday or for the holidays, and caters to all dietary needs: paleo, Whole30, AIP, keto, and vegan!
Cauliflower has been having a moment in the health food world and blogs. We are using it as rice, in gnocchi, in cheese, or even as risotto. I’ve been so focused on trying to be creative with this amazing versatile vegetable that I totally forgot about how delicious it is in its pure original form!
Lemon Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
So I decided to bring it back with this Lemon Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower recipe. There’s something so delicious about the combination of lemon and turmeric so I decided to infuse that flavor into this savory and addicting side dish. I know it says it’s 4 servings, but I may or may not have eaten the whole thing in one sitting after making these. They are that good!
How to Make the Best Tasting Roasted Cauliflower
After roasting them for years, I’ve found that there are several tricks to making the tastiest cauliflower that’s evenly cooked with the best texture that’s crispy and not mushy:
- When you cut them into florets, try to make them all similar in size to ensure even cooking.
- If you wash the cauliflower before cooking, make sure they are dry before adding seasoning.
- Toss with oil and seasoning in a separate bowl to make sure they are evenly coated.
- Roast in an even single layer without crowding the pan. Use two pans if you need to.
- Many ovens heat unevenly so make sure to turn the pan halfway through cooking.
These tips are pretty simple and easy to follow so make sure to not skip out on them. I promise – they really do make a difference!
Lemon Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower (Paleo, Whole30, AIP, Keto, Vegan)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
Lemon Turmeric Dressing
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized florets, making sure that the florets are similar in size.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the lemon turmeric dressing.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl, and toss with the dressing.
- Spread out the cauliflower on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender and golden brown, turning the pan halfway through.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.