I’ve been meaning to put together this post for a while after some of you asked me what I personally use on my skin, but I’ve put it off because I was changing up some products in my skin care routine, and I wanted to consistently use them for at least a month before talking about them. After keeping up with the same skin care routine diligently and daily for over 2 months, I can say I’ve finally found a formula that’s working GREAT for me and I’ve been loving how great my skin looks and feels.
Short disclaimer: Every skin is different and you skin may be affected not only by the products you use, but also by the food you eat, how much stress you are going through, and by the seasonal and hormonal changes you are experiencing. For example, my skin is quite acne prone when I consume dairy and too much sugar, and it can get a bit splotchy and dry with lack of sleep and traveling. All the products I recommend are what has worked beautifully for me personally, and it doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll work for you. I do make sure to only post products that are safe and toxin-free, so it’s worth trying these out yourself!
First things first. I don’t like to spend a ton of time on my skin. I’ve always been pretty low maintenance when it comes to my skin and make up, and only recently started paying more attention to the products I use because 1) my skin has changed after hitting mid-20s and it needs some extra love and 2) I’ve realized how important safe and toxin-free products are for our skin and our overall health. Even then, I typically spend about 5-10 minutes on pampering my face each day and I realized that when I switched to products with high quality ingredients like Beautycounter, that’s all I really need. So, here are all the potions I use on my skin every day.
- As soon as I wake up, I wash my face with Charcoal Cleansing Bar. Using this daily has helped me tremendously with my acne and random bumps I tend to get.
- After drying my face, I apply Rejuvenating Day Cream, which has been amazing at brightening my skin, and even seems to help with reducing red spots. I love that it has both ginger root extract and vitamin C in it, which is known to help with reducing wrinkles and age spots.
- Depending on how dry my face feels, I also use Balancing Face Oil, which I’m OBSESSED with. If your skin needs some extra moisturizing, this oil seriously feels heavenly on the skin. It’s a bit pricy but a little bit goes a long way. I usually just use 4 drops and it’s plenty to hydrate my face in the most delicious way, and my skin doesn’t get oily like it used to. Depending on your skin type, there are also Soothing Face Oil and Hydrating Face Oil.
I work from home most of the time, so I usually go makeup free, but on the days that I have to go out to teach a nutrition class or meet with a client, I do like to put on some makeup. I am all about that no-makeup makeup look, so I do like to keep it pretty simple and minimal. I usually just keep my eyes and lips bare.
- For light coverage, I usually just use Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer which works really well to brighten and even out my skin, while protecting my skin from the sun with its SPF 20. I also love the moisturizer effect. My color is No. 3.
If I want fuller coverage, I use Tint Skin Foundation in Honey and it feels so silky and natural on my skin. My face never looks heavy or caked with this foundation and I usually don’t need any kind of concealer after putting this on.
- The Mattify Skin Finishing Powder is something I started using recently and I love this new addition to my makeup routine! It’s a translucent powder for all skin colors that gives a finishing look after applying makeup and it helps my makeup stay on way longer than it used it. Sometimes, if my skin feels a bit oilier than usual, I’ll even put this on my bare face and it gets rid of any shine immediately.
- I like to use cream blush instead of powder because my skin is on the dry side. The Color Pinch Cream Blusher in Hibiscus has been my go to blush and it is SUCH a pretty pink color. I love that it also hydrates my skin, and it doubles up as lipstick! I totally forgot my lip gloss at a recent wedding I went to, and I ended up using this blusher on my lips which went on beautifully.
If you like powder blush, I’ve heard really great things about the Color Sweep Blush Duo. I’ve never used it myself.
- I never use eye shadow or eye liner for my everyday makeup, but I do like to put on mascara. The Lengthening Mascara works great, doesn’t clump or smudge, and comes off easily with some coconut oil.
- I usually don’t like the feeling of lipstick or lip gloss on a typical day unless it’s a special occasion (I’m a lip balm girl, all day errday!), but Beautycounter’s Lip Sheer and Lip Gloss are my go to’s when I do need a bit of color on my lips. They are both moisturizing and nourishing, stays on for hours, and doesn’t give off any unpleasant smells that I’ve experienced in other lip products. In fact, I love the subtle floral scent of both of these products.
- I start with the oil cleansing method using a mix of castor and avocado oil. I love that this detoxes my skin, while taking off my makeup at the same time. If I’m lazy, I’ll just use the Charcoal Cleansing Bar to wash my face.
- This isn’t a daily routine, but about twice a week, I’ll use the Purifying Charcoal Mask at night after cleaning my face. You can also make charcoal clay mask at home and it’s one of the best methods to deep clean your face and get rid of any impurities and buildup from your pores.
- I go back to my favorite Beautycounter product: Balancing Face Oil. I massage my face with a few drops of this oil, and that’s it! I’m ready for bed!
After slowly switching out my products to Beautycounter and keeping up with this skin care routine, I was actually quite surprised at how much better my skin started looking. I know safer products were better for me, but I didn’t think that the changes in my skin health would be so drastic. I’m hoping to keep experimenting with more products and inform you of any changes I make that ends up working well for me so stay tuned for more skin care updates!
If you are interested in becoming Beautycounter’s Band of Beauty member or want to join my team by becoming a consultant, feel free to reach out to me and ask any questions! Safe skincare is one of my biggest passions and I would love to talk to you more about what products would be best for you, and how you can make money by sharing with others how important safe skin care is for our health, and the health of our loved ones. If you are not ready to commit but would like to be updated about future beauty deals and special offers, sign up for my newsletter!
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.