Okay, FINE. I’ll accept it. Summer’s basically over and we gotta start getting ready for Fall. While I’m not happy about it, if I have to face defeat, I want to do it with a tasty treat. I used to love ginger snaps growing up (and still do!), and I gravitate toward ginger flavored anything. There’s something addicting about that the spicy flavor, especially when mixed with something sweet.
After learning about how beneficial ginger is for digestion and boosting immunity, I incorporate it whenever I can daily but the most fun way is through yummy cookies like these Paleo ginger snaps!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour in molasses, coconut oil, ginger, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and mix until a dough forms.
- Use a rounded tablespoon-sized scoop to drop the dough on the parchment paper approximately 1-2 inches apart, gently flattening the dough with a fork to make criss-cross marks on the top.
- Bake the cookies on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes (longer makes crispier cookies), rotating the pan half way through cooking.
- Cool the cookies for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.