Quick paleo & vegan salted caramel sauce without cream or dairy! Takes only 4 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of your time, and it’s perfect for cakes, cookies, ice cream, pies, and more.
A good homemade salted caramel sauce is just so versatile and wonderful. It adds such a wonderful moisture and sweetness to any dessert you are eating, like cakes, ice cream, cookies, pies, and even plain fruits. While traditional versions commonly use cream and sugar, this quick homemade caramel sauce is made without dairy and refined sugars!
Paleo & Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
Making a paleo salted caramel sauce without cream is actually very easy and even quicker than other versions! The result is still thick and creamy with an amazing flavor. All you have to do is heat and whisk just 4 ingredients together for only 5 minutes, until the mixture is combined and thickened. That’s basically it, and you have an amazing and easy salted caramel sauce to drizzle over everything.
Ingredients in Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
To make this quick homemade caramel sauce, you just need 4 ingredients:
- almond butter: the smoother and creamier, the better! I love this brand.
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- sea salt (I love using Celtic sea salt for added nutrients!)
If you are familiar with paleo and vegan baking at home, you most likely already have all those ingredients on hand. Which means you can start making this 5 minute caramel sauce right away!
How to Make Salted Caramel Sauce
Here’s how to make this this easy salted caramel sauce in just 5 minutes:
- Add all 4 ingredients to a saucepan.
- Heat on the stovetop over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, while whisking frequently, until dark and thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before using.
This paleo and vegan salted caramel sauce will thicken more as it cools and comes to room temperature, so don’t worry if it doesn’t seem thick enough after 5 minutes of heating. Just let it cool so it has time to set.
How To Store and Reheat
It’s easy to store this paleo salted caramel sauce. Let it cool completely at room temperature, and transfer to a container with an airtight lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to a month!
When you want to use it again, you’ll find that this homemade caramel sauce has solidified when chilled. That’s the nature of all caramel sauces made without emulsifier. To get it back to a thick syrup-y texture, you can microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute and stir.
If you’d rather use the stovetop, submerge the container that it’s stored in in hot water to loosen it from the sides of the container. Transfer to a saucepan and heat over low heat until it reaches desired consistency.
If you enjoyed this 5 minute caramel sauce, you might also like:
- Easy Apple Pie Bars with Salted Caramel Sauce (Paleo, Vegan)
- Paleo & Vegan Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Apple Butter (Paleo, Vegan, AIP)
- Paleo & Vegan Pecan Pie Cheesecake (No Bake)
Paleo & Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce (5 Minutes, 4 Ingredients!)
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat on the stovetop over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, while whisking frequently to combine and keep from burning. Make sure to remove from heat after 4 minutes, so the mixture doesnt separate and clump.
- Once the mixture is thickened and browned, remove from heat and cool slightly before using. The sauce will thicken more as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month in the refrigerator. The salted caramel sauce will harden when chilled. Reheat before using again in the microwave or on the stovetop.**
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.