This quick and refreshing blueberry salsa is made with all the fresh and delicious ingredients, and it’s a perfect Whole30 and vegan 4th of July dip recipe!
Homemade salsa is one of my favorite foods. There’s nothing as refreshing as when you chop up and combine the freshest of the fresh ingredients and let the flavors meld together to dip your favorite tortilla chips in. For today’s recipe, I decided to think a little bit outside the box to incorporate one of my favorite summer fruits into the mix, and the result is fantastic. It has a slight natural sweetness without the need for any sugar that’s in many store-bought salsa!
Refreshing Blueberry Salsa Recipe
This blueberry salsa recipe is so light and refreshing, and it makes a perfect summer snack. At first, I was a bit hesitant about how blueberries would taste in salsa, but it’s subtle and delicious while being unique and addicting at the same time.
It’s also a healthy low carb and Whole30 compliant salsa, and the festive colors are so perfect to serve as a 4th of July dip recipe or any other summer holidays.
How to Make This Blueberry Salsa
This blueberry salsa one of the easiest recipes to make. Just chop up the ingredients and mix them together! Roughly chopping up the blueberries first really lets their flavors combine better with the rest of the ingredients. If you are lazy like me (blueberries can roll all over the place on the cutting board!), just place them in the food processor and pulse a few times to get that rough chop.
While you can enjoy this right away, I do recommend letting the salsa sit in the refrigerator for an hour or so to let the flavors really build and meld together. It really does get better the longer it sits!
Ways to Enjoy This Blueberry Salsa
I’ve actually been loving this blueberry salsa recipe in all different ways for every meal (like I said, I’m obsessed). Here are some of my favorite creative ways:
- with tortilla chips (duh – I love my grain free Siete Foods chips!)
- with plantain chips
- on top of avocado toasts
- over roasted or grilled veggies
- with eggs
- in tacos or burrito bowls
- and since I said this is a Whole30 compliant salsa, you can enjoy them over fish, steak, chicken, or any of your favorite protein!
If you are reading this and it’s the summer, I highly recommend you give this blueberry salsa a try because it’s such a cool and refreshing snack on a hot day. It’s also an extremely easy 4th of July dip recipe that’s looks fancy and fun, so make it for all your summer festivities and get-togethers!
Other recipes you may love…
- Paleo Cauliflower Nacho Cheese
- The Best Guacamole Ever
- Paleo Burrito Bowl
- Paleo Mexican Scrambled Eggs
Refreshing Blueberry Salsa (Paleo, Whole30, Vegan, Low Carb)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and membranes removed, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Roughly chop the blueberries. You can also put them in a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Combine the blueberries and the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- You can enjoy right away, but it'll taste better after you let it sit for hour in the fridge so the flavors meld together and build!
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.