This crunchy, refreshing, and delicious Whole30 Chinese chicken salad is packed with veggies and naturally sweetened with dates. It’s healthy and flavorful, and so easy to make!
Chinese chicken salad was one of my favorite dishes growing up. It’s delicious, sweet, and crunchy, and packed with my favorite veggies. However, most of the ones you can get at restaurants are loaded with unhealthy sugars and inflammatory oils, especially in the dressing. So I’m sharing my easy Chinese chicken salad that’s healthy and so delicious!
Whole30 & Gluten Free Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe with Natural® Delights Medjool Dates
In this paleo Chinese chicken salad recipe, I used Natural Delights® pitted medjool dates to sweeten the salad, as well as in the dressing. Not only do they add the perfect amount of sweetness, these particular dates are high quality and taste amazing. They are:
- high in fiber and antioxidants,
- sustainably grown,
- pesticide free, additive free, and Non-GMO Project Verified.
In addition, all of their plastic packaging is made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials (materials diverted from landfills)!
Besides everything I mentioned, the dates really are delicious to snack on on their own, or to use in recipes like this Whole30 Chinese chicken salad.
Paleo Chinese Chicken Salad Ingredients
You’ll find that the Chinese chicken salad ingredients are simple and easy to find at the grocery store. There’s nothing complicated, and there are a ton of healthy veggies that are so refreshing and crunchy. Here are the paleo and Whole30 Chinese chicken salad ingredients:
- Cooked chicken: I had leftover rotisserie chicken that I used for this recipe. If you don’t have cooked chicken, you can pan fry or bake 2 lbs of chicken breasts or thighs and chop them up before adding to the salad.
- Romaine lettuce
- Red cabbage: Green cabbage will also work, but I just love the color of red cabbage.
- Sliced almonds: Chopped cashews are also a great option and will add a delicious crunch!
- Natural Delights® pitted medjool dates
- Green onions
You can check out how to make the super tasty and easy Chinese chicken salad dressing recipe below.
Easy and Flavorful Sesame Dressing
The sesame dressing is truly so wonderful and flavorful in this gluten free Chinese chicken salad recipe and it really brings all the flavors and textures together. It’s naturally sweet from the medjool dates and packed with umami from the coconut aminos, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic.
Here are the ingredients in this easy Chinese chicken salad dressing recipe:
- Natural Delights® pitted medjool dates
- coconut aminos
- rice vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- sesame oil
How to Make Chinese Chicken Salad
Once you have all the ingredients together, the instructions are actually very easy and quick! Here’s how to make Chinese chicken salad that’s so flavorful and amazing:
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in the blender and let the dates soak while you put together the salad.
- Chop up all the ingredients for the salad (except sesame seeds) and combine in a large mixing bowl,
- When the dates are softened, blend the dressing ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sesame dressing over the salad and toss together until combined.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using, and serve.
So easy and flavorful, and it’s a great way to use up rotisserie chicken if you have any to use up!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like…
- Paleo & Whole30 Mandarin Chicken Salad with Coconut Chips
- Hearty Chicken Salad (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- Thai Kale Salad with Cashew Dressing (Paleo, Whole30, Vegan)
- Paleo Asian Chicken “Noodle” Salad [Video]
Whole30 Chinese Chicken Salad with Dates (Paleo, Gluten Free)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken about 2lb raw
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Natural Delights® pitted medjool dates chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- Optional sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine all ingredients for the sesame dressing in a blender, and let the dates soak and soften while you chop and put together the salad.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the salad, except sesame seeds.
- Once the dates have softened a bit, blend all the dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss together to coat.
- If using, sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.