I’ve been grilling nonstop these day and I don’t hate it at all. Food tastes better after being cooked on the grill, and there are less dishes to clean which is always a plus. I’ve only recently started grilling drumsticks, and I didn’t realize how easy, fast, and delicious it would be, especially with the right marinade.
I love using homemade mayo as a marinade base. It’s perfectly creamy with the right amount of fat, tang, and savory components that most marinades consist of.
Not only that, the chicken turns out tender and delicious, even if you accidentally overcook it. It’s usually hard to take the internal temperature of drumsticks because the meat is pretty thin on the bones, so I like to cook it slightly longer than when I think it should be done, just to be safe and not bite into something bloody and undercooked.
The result is a juicy and perfectly salty meat that tastes amazing!
BALSAMIC MAYO GRILLED DRUMSTICKSPrint Pin Rate
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1/3 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp balsamic vingar
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a shallow container, whisk together mayo, balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place the drumsticks in the container in a single layer, making sure all sides are coated with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6-24 hours, flipping them halfway through.
- Take out the drumsticks 30 minutes before cooking them.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Place drumsticks on the grill and turn them every 5 minutes, brushing on a layer of marinade every time you turn.
- Make sure all sides are cooked through, and take them off after about 25 minutes.
- Let the drumsticks rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.