These no bake dark chocolate cherry energy bites are the perfect low sugar treat that are easy to make and so delicious! You just need 5 simple ingredients from the pantry.
I’m so excited to share this paleo no bake energy bites recipe with you. They are a fun and easy treat I make often, and the ingredients can be changed up easily depending on what’s in your pantry. These dark chocolate cherry energy bites are my latest favorite flavor combo, and they are paleo and vegan as well. You only need simple ingredients, if you don’t count salt and water!
Dark Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites Recipe
There’s something so wonderful about dark chocolate and cherries together in one bite. The sweet, tart cherries wrapped up in rich dark chocolate is just so irresistible and amazing. Made with sunflower seeds, these nut free energy bites are allergen friendly and my 19 month old daughter loves them too!
Ingredients in These Healthy No Bake Energy Bites
There are 5 main ingredients in these paleo and gluten free no bake energy bites, most of which you probably already have in your pantry:
- sunflower seeds: Either raw or roasted sunflower seeds will work. I used raw.
- Natural Delights® pitted medjool dates
- dried cherries: I recommend unsweetened dried cherries like these.
- cocoa powder: Use unsweetened cocoa powder. Cacao powder will also work.
- dark chocolate chips
Besides the ingredients listed, you just need water and sea salt for these healthy no bake chocolate energy bites.
Naturally Sweetened with Natural Delights® Medjool Dates
These nut free energy bites are sweetened with cherries and Natural Delights® Pitted Medjool Dates. These organic dates aren’t sickeningly sweet, while being super tasty. Plus, they are amazing in quality and I love that they are:
- high in fiber and antioxidants,
- sustainably grown,
- pesticide free, additive free, and Non-GMO Project Verified.
Not only do they make a delicious healthy sweetener in recipes like these paleo no bake energy bites, I also love to eat them on their own when I need a quick snack.
How To Make No Bake Energy Bites
It only takes a few simple steps to make these delicious and healthy no bake energy bites:
- Process sunflower seeds in the food processor until crumbly. There can be some chunks left in there.
- Add medjool dates, dried cherries, cocoa powder, water, and sea salt, and process until a sticky dough forms.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse until they are in small pieces.
- Roll the dough into about 20 balls. Enjoy!
How to Store Gluten Free No Bake Energy Bites
You can keep these healthy no bake chocolate energy bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Just take one out and enjoy when you feel like! If you want to keep them for longer, you can keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you enjoyed these dark chocolate cherry energy bites, you might also like…
- Chocolate Mushroom Paleo No Bake Energy Balls (Reishi & Chaga)
- 2 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge (Paleo, Vegan, Keto)
- Paleo & Vegan Carrot Cake Pops (No-Bake)
- Peppermint Chocolate Whiskey Truffles (Paleo & Vegan)
Dark Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites (Paleo, Vegan, No Bake)
- Place sunflower seeds in a food processor and process until crumbly, but not powdery.
- Add medjool dates, dried cherries, cocoa powder, water, and sea salt, and process together until broken down until crumbly. The dough should stick together when you pinch it.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse until they are in small pieces. I like to leave some chunks to add crunch to the energy bites.
- Use your hands to roll into about 20 balls. Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.