Yes, you heard that right. It’s about to happen.
I rarely post boozy recipes (this is actually my first one!), because for anyone on their wellness journey like myself, it’s hard to heal their body and improve their health when alcohol’s in the picture. I think it’s totally fine to imbibe once in a while as a celebration, or once or twice a week for those of us who are already vibrant and in optimal health, but this is so rare in the modern world in which many of us are walking around stressed, nutrient-deficient, and with compromised gut health.
Well, it’s the holidays and I think that calls for a special celebration. I actually made these for a holiday cookie-exchange party, because there’s no way I can trust myself to eat 1 or 2 of these at a time if they are in the house. It’s not my fault though. Chocolate + peppermint = crack. That’s just fact.
Paleo Peppermint Chocolate Whiskey Truffles
- 10 oz dark chocolate chips (75% cacao or more)
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 3 tbsp whiskey
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Unsweetened cocoa powder or shredded coconut, for rolling
- In a double boiler, or a heat-safe bowl nestled on top of a pot of simmering water, let the chocolate chips, coconut milk, and butter (or coconut oil) heat up and melt, stirring until they become a smooth consistency.
- Take off heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add in whiskey, peppermint extract, and salt, and stir well.
- Refrigerate for 2.5-3 hours or more until the mixture hardens.
- Dust about 2 tbsps of cocoa powder on to a serving dish or a storage container. This helps the truffles not stick to the plate.
- Using a melon baller or a small spoon, scoop out mini balls from the set chocolate-whiskey mixture and shape quickly into balls with your hands.
- Roll the truffles in cocoa powder or shredded coconut and shape them. Rolling them in cocoa powder or shredded coconut helps them set better, making them easier to handle.Transfer them on to the plate coated with cocoa powder.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Theses truffles are best served chilled.