Moist and decadent gluten free chocolate chip cookie in a mug that’s ready in under 2 minutes in the microwave. It’s so easy when you have a sweet tooth, with simple ingredients!
I’ve been trying to create a delicious gluten free and paleo mug cookie that actually has the texture of a cookie rather a cake. I wanted it dense, chewy, and soft, and I think I finally nailed it with this easy mug chocolate chip cookie recipe. I’ve already made it twice this week, and I’m writing this on Wednesday!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug Recipe
If you’ve never heard of a mug cake or cookie, the concept is wonderful. You make 1-2 servings of a dessert in a mug, and it’s microwaved and ready in just 1-2 minutes. This paleo and vegan cookie in a mug uses just 6 simple ingredients that you probably have on hand if you used to grain free baking. It’s such an easy and quick way to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Simple and Easy Ingredients
As I mentioned above, there are just 6 simple ingredients in this paleo and vegan mug cookie recipe, if you don’t count salt:
- almond flour
- coconut sugar
- baking powder
- dairy free milk (I used almond milk)
- almond butter
- chocolate chips ( I like these for a paleo and vegan option)
That’s it! As you can see, this is an eggless chocolate chip cookie in a mug, but don’t worry. With the help of baking powder, it’ll rise perfectly into a wonderful cookie mixture.
How to Make a Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
The instructions couldn’t be easier for this microwave chocolate chip cookie in a mug. You don’t have to turn on the oven, it’s insanely quick, and you can make a small serving at a time. Here’s how to make a chocolate chip cookie in a mug:
- In a mug, add almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir together.
- Add in the wet ingredients: milk and almond butter. Stir well with a fork until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and top with more chocolate chips while the paleo mug cookie is still hot.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy with spoon!
As you can see, this easy mug chocolate chip cookie takes minimal effort and it’s dangerously quick. You’ll want to make it over and over again!
Notes & Substitutions
- If you are nut free, you can make this vegan cookie in a mug recipe with gluten free flour. I’ve tried it with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour and it turned out wonderful! It won’t be paleo though because it’s made with grains.
- Maple syrup or honey can be used in place of coconut sugar. However, if you do this, I would reduce the almond butter to 2 tbsps.
- Make sure to use a mug that’s big enough for the batter to rise about 1 inch.
- I like to add chocolate chips on top after the cookie is done cooking to make it look more like a chocolate chip cookie. However, this is optional and you can feel free to mix in all 2 tbsp to the batter.
If you enjoyed this microwave chocolate chip cookie in a mug recipe, you might also like…
- Flourless Brownie in a Mug (Paleo, Grain Free)
- Paleo Carrot Mug Cake
- Nut-Free Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Paleo Sweet Potato Muffins with Chocolate Chips (Nut Free)
- Paleo Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug (Paleo, Vegan)
- Combine almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mug and stir together.
- Add milk and almond butter, and whisk together with a fork until a batter is formed.
- Fold in 1½ tbsp of chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- While the cookie is still hot from the microwave, top with ½ tbsp of the remaining chocolate chips so they melt into the cookie.
- Cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.