These paleo and keto lemon blueberry muffins are moist and flavorful, and they are a delicious way to start the morning! Perfect for when you are on the go.
Lemon and blueberry are my favorite combination of flavors when the weather warms up. There’s honestly nothing better than the tartness and sweetness of these two fruits, and they are a match made in heaven!
These days, I haven’t been able to have much sugar. I have a slight carbohydrate intolerance, and eating too much sugar or carbs will make me congested and sneezy. It’s actually quite annoying, but I’ve been experimenting with low carb and keto recipes and desserts, and I’ve been loving them because they don’t bother me at all!
Keto Lemon Blueberry Muffins Recipe
My latest creation in the kitchen is this keto lemon blueberry muffin, and I’m obsessed! It’s so easy, paleo and gluten free, and I can enjoy it with any kind of side effects or sugar crash. And best of all, it takes less than 30 minutes to make, and you’ll have a delicious breakfast or snack that’s great on-the-go for the rest of the week!
Coconut Flour Muffins
These low carb and keto lemon blueberry muffins are made with coconut flour. Every time I use coconut flour in baking recipes, I get messages from my readers concerned about the dryness of baked good because coconut flour is quite absorbent of any kind of liquid it’s mixed with.
But do not worry! These muffins are actually incredibly moist and flavorful, and they won’t have a dense texture either. However, since coconut flour acts very differently compared to other paleo and low carb flours, I would not recommend substituting it with anything else.
And if you or your family member has a nut allergy, these are nut free so perfectly safe for consumption!
If you aren’t on a keto or low carb diet, or if you have reactions to sugar alcohols, then you can just substitute Swerve in this recipe with coconut sugar (for paleo) or just regular sugar. I know there are some people who get digestive issues or headaches with zero carb sweeteners, so I completely understand.
Hope you enjoy these paleo and keto lemon blueberry muffins. I really enjoyed them with my morning coffee or matcha latte, and they are extra delicious toasted with a slather of ghee or butter!
Keto Lemon Blueberry Muffins (Paleo, Grain Free)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp Swerve granulated or any granulated sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen then thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with 6 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, ghee, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir together coconut flour, Swerve, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet, and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour the batter into to the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes before removing them to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Let the muffins cool completely before removing from the liners to keep them from sticking.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.