These Paleo Apple Blondies are moist and decadent, and topped off with the most amazing maple coconut glaze. It’s a delicious treat for the Fall!
Are you more of a blondies or brownies fan? i go back and forth, but right now, blondies are a bit head after I made these Paleo Apple Blondies recently. I don’t usually crave sweet treats, so I don’t know what’s happening with me these days. It may be the weather cooling down that I’m just reaching for things that bring me comfort, but at least I’m making healthier choices while doing it.
Paleo Apple Blondies Recipe
Recently, all I see are apples when I go to the farmers market or the grocery store, so I was inspired to create an apple dessert. Apples are so delicious these days, and I love using them in recipes because they have that perfect flavor combo of being sweet and tart at the same time.
In this recipe, they are baked into decadent baked blondies, and I love that you can really taste the apples in every bite. The sweet, yummy glaze brings out the apple flavor even more so make sure you don’t skip out on it!
Maple Coconut Glaze
The Paleo Apple Blondies themselves are tasty on their own, but the maple coconut glaze really takes it to a whole new level. The coconut butter is naturally sweet already so you don’t even need to add that much maple syrup to reach that perfect sweetness!
When heating up the ingredients for the maple glaze, make sure that you don’t use high heat, as it can harden the glaze. It’s best to heat it up low and slow so it reaches that thin and spreadable consistency.
If you don’t want to use the stovetop, you can even use the microwave. Just heat it up for 10 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until it’s warm-hot and thinned out.
If you end up making these Paleo Apple Blondies, comment below and let me know how it goes! I stored mine in an airtight container the fridge, and I’ve been sneaking it after dinner every night and it’s such a yummy treat. I’ll always be a summer girl, but this dessert actually gets me me a little excited that Fall is here!
Paleo Apple Blondies with Maple Coconut Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper, letting the ends go over the sides.
- In a large bowl, combine cassava flour, cinnamon, sea salt, and baking soda, and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together maple syrup, almond butter, ghee, vanilla extract, and an egg.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread out the batter evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven let is cool for 20 minutes in the baking dish.
- While the blondies are cooling, add all ingredients for the coconut maple glaze in a small saucepan and heat over medium low heat until melted and combined.
- Pour over the blondies and spread out evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle with more cinnamon if desired.
- Let it cool for 30-40 minutes until the glaze hardens and the blondies are completely cool.
- Remove from the baking dish using the parchment paper to lift it out of the pan.
- Cut into squares and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.