4th of July may be one of the best holidays ever. It’s everything I love about the summer: sun, pool parties, friends, bbq, fireworks, imbibing
heavily responsibly, AND you don’t have to buy anyone presents. It also helps that red, white, and blue are colors that look good on almost anyone.
I’m not really a dessert person (I’m usually the person wo-manning the grill… See what I did there?) but I had an overabundance of gorgeous berries in my fridge that had to be used. They were getting a tad overripe. It’s what happens when you have no self control at farmers markets, which, for me, is anytime I’m at a farmers market. It’s okay though, because I never throw anything out. I’ll force myself to use everything I buy and eat it.
PALEO COCONUT CREAM PIEPrint Pin Rate
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, eggs, and maple syrup and mix well.
- Add coconut flour and salt, and mix well until the mixture forms a dough.
- Pat and flatten into the pie pan.
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- Let cool.
- Refrigerate a can of coconut milk for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Carefully take out the can and turn it upside down.
- Open the can. You'll see the coconut water floating on the top.
- Pour out the coconut water, until you see the thick coconut cream resting on the bottom.
- Scoop out the cream into a large bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Using a hand mixer, a stand mixer, or an electric whisk, whip the cream until it becomes fluffy.
- Scoop into the pie crust and smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut evenly on top of the filling.
- Gently press berries into the cream.
- Sprinkle with more shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate the pie for 1 hour before serving.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.