You are going to love this perfect dish for Spring and Summer: Paleo & Keto Quiche with Smoked Salmon and Leeks. The perfectly balanced flavors with the flaky crust make the most delicious breakfast or brunch!
I have to admit, I haven’t cooked with leeks for very long because it’s a new-to-me vegetable. My mom never cooked with it, and I’ve never ever heard of it until several years ago. However, as someone who loves experimenting with a new ingredient, I’ve been cooking with it and adding it to dishes and I’m really starting to love it! It’s been everywhere at my local farmers market these days.
Paleo & Keto Quiche with Smoked Salmon and Leeks Recipe
One of my favorite ways to enjoy leeks has been in egg dishes. It has a milder taste than regular onions while adding a crunchy texture that complements perfectly with creamy eggs. The crunchiness still remains after cooking and baked for a long time like in this keto quiche recipe.
This quiche is cooked with leeks, fresh herbs, and my favorite, smoked salmon, and the flavors and textures complement each other so well in every bite. Everything about this paleo and keto quiche screams spring, and it’s so perfect with a mug of coffee or matcha in the morning.
Sturdy Almond Crust
Real talk: I dropped this paleo and keto quiche on my countertop when I was taking it out of the oven, because there was a hole on my oven mitt which made me burn my skin (the story of my life). This is why you’ll see some cracks in the photos from the impact of the fall, but rest assured, the crust is extremely sturdy while still being flaky. It won’t fall apart on you!
Not only is the crust delicious and easy to make, I love that’s it’s grain free and low carb without any weird ingredients. In fact, 1 slice of this leek and smoked salmon quiche has only 9 grams of net carbs, which fits perfectly into your keto meal plan!
This Paleo & Keto Quiche with Smoked Salmon and Leeks recipe is a part of an Instagram collaboration with several other talented bloggers. We are all sharing recipes featuring leeks today and I’m so excited to be taking part in it!
If you want some ideas on other delicious ways to use this spring vegetable, go check out the hashtag #leeksonfleek on Instagram. And don’t forget to share your creations with this hashtag as well!
Paleo & Keto Quiche with Smoked Salmon and Leeks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 10 inch quiche dish with ghee or coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients for the crust in a large bowl until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press the dough into the quiche dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced leeks and garlic and stir cooking for 3-4 minutes just softened and fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, dill, chives, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in the leek mixture and smoked salmon.
- Pour the egg mixture into to the par baked quiche crust.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden, and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.