Celebrate St. Patty’s Day in a much healthier way with this homemade paleo & vegan Shamrock Shake. Tastes even better than the real thing and takes less that 5 minutes!
It’s that time of the year again! The Shamrock Shake is out in time for St. Patrick’s Day. There was a time when I used to make a trip to McDonald’s every Spring, and revel in the sugar high I would get from it. This was back when my health was in a less than ideal state with ongoing digestive and skin issues from all allergens that I was consuming without realizing.
Original Shamrock Shake Ingredients
I was pretty shocked the first time I looked up the ingredients for Shamrock Shake Beside the obvious ingredients like milk, sugar, and cream, there are: high fructose corn syrup, nonfat milk solids, corn syrup solids, dextrose, artificial flavoring, artificial coloring, carrageenan, and so many other more obscure additives. While it may be fun to indulge in from time to time, I wanted to make a healthy shamrock shake recipe is that’s delicious and easy at the same time.
Paleo & Vegan Shamrock Shake Recipe
Making your own paleo shamrock shake is sooo delicious with clean ingredients. And it takes minutes to whip up! This healthy shamrock shake recipe tastes really similar to the real thing and I’m a bit obsessed now. One of the best features of the Shamrock Shake is how crazy thick and decadent it is. Using an avocado and a frozen banana, I’m so happy that I was able to recreate that creamy texture. I actually ate half of this with a spoon!
- Almond milk: Or any dairy free milk of your choice. Coconut milk would make it thicker in texture!
- Frozen banana
- Maple syrup: Or any other sweetener of choice
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint extract
- Spirulina powder (Use code GREATGRANDMA10 for 10% off your order): This is also optional, but will provide that rich green color with added nutrients. It’s a powder form of blue-green algae that is rich in vitamins and minerals. Even with a small amount, the color will show through, without altering the flavor of this paleo Shamrock Shake
I love to top this paleo and vegan Shamrock Shake with whipped coconut cream, and a few mint leaves. Trader Joe’s actually has coconut whipped cream, which is amazing, but you can also make you own! If you don’t are lazy or don’t want to get fancy, just serve as is, and it’ll still be delicious.
If you enjoyed this healthy Shamrock Shake recipe, you might also love…
- Energy Boosting Mint Chocolate Spirulina Smoothie
- Paleo & Keto Dalgona Matcha Latte (Whipped Matcha)
- Creamy Keto Fudgesicles (Paleo & Vegan)
- AIP & Paleo Matcha Pudding
- Peppermint Chocolate Whiskey Truffles (Paleo & Vegan)
Paleo & Vegan Shamrock Shake
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste to add more maple syrup, if needed.
- Pour into 2 glasses, and serve. Top with coconut whipped cream and mint leaves, if desired.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.