You’ll never have scallops any other way after tasting these pan seared Whole30 scallops drizzled with lemon garlic ghee sauce. So tender and flavorful, and ready in just 10 minutes!
I used to think cooking scallops was so intimidating and difficult without ever attempting to try it out. It always seemed like such fancy dish and I felt like the ingredients were a bit pricey for me to take the chance of messing it up. But once I learned how to make pan seared scallops, I realized it was one of the easiest and quickest dishes to make and SO worth the price tag!
Ever since I got comfortable with cooking them, I’ve been trying to make the best pan seared scallops to make for special occasions.
Pan Seared Whole30 Scallops Recipe with Lemon Garlic Ghee
These lemon garlic scallops have been a favorite of ours for a while and I always make them when I see scallops on sale. The key to make them perfectly cooked is to keep an eye on them the entire time that they are cooking. You can easily overcook these lemon garlic scallops, which will make them hard and chewy, which you want to avoid. It only takes them about 4 minutes to cook through!
How to Make Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Garlic Ghee
If you are looking for the best pan seared scallops (if I do say so myself), you’ve come to the right place. These Whole30 scallops are simple, easy, and just so quick and flavorful. Here are the important steps for how to make pan seared scallops with lemon garlic ghee:
- Make sure to thoroughly pat the scallops dry with a paper towel. This step is important to create a yummy outer crust and so the scallops don’t steam from their own moisture.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper
- Heat ghee in a cast iron skillet and make sure it gets very hot.
- Pan fry the scallops for about 2 minutes on each side and transfer to a plate.
- Add more ghee to the skillet with garlic, and cook until fragrant.
- Add broth and lemon juice and let everything come to boil for 3 minutes while scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off heat, and add the scallops back into the skillet to warm up and soak in the lemon garlic ghee.
What to Serve With These Lemon Garlic Scallops
You can serve these Whole30 scallops in so many ways with various sides!
- in salads
- over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash
- over cauliflower mushroom risotto or butternut squash risotto
- alongside mashed potatoes or scalloped potatoes
- with roasted veggies
- over cauliflower rice
The possibilities are endless when you have the best pan seared scallops that are so tender juicy! My husband would honestly be happy eating them alone if I didn’t push vegetables with them. Hope you enjoy, and let me know how you served or would serve these lemon garlic scallops!
Other recipes you may love…
- Grilled Bay Scallop Skewers
- Paleo Shrimp Alfredo with Artichokes Hearts (Whole30, Keto, AIP)
- Lemon Butter Grilled Lobster Tails
- Grilled Salmon Skewers with Lemon Garlic Marinade (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumsticks (Paleo, Whole30, Keto, AIP Option)
Pan Seared Whole30 Scallops with Lemon Garlic Ghee (Paleo, Keto)
- Use a paper towel pat dry the scallops as best as possible, then sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat until very hot.
- Add scallops into the pan without touching each other (you may need to cook them in 2 batches) and cook one side for 2 minutes.
- Once the bottom layer forms a caramelized crust, flip the scallops and cook for 1-2 minutes until the other side forms a browned crust as well.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp of ghee to the skillet and add garlic. Cook stirring for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add broth and lemon juice, and let the liquid come to a boil for 3 minutes while scraping the bottom of the skillet with a spatula. The sauce should thicken and reduce a bit.
- Remove from heat and add scallops back in the pan to warm.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and spoon the lemon garlic ghee over the scallops before serving.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.