This Whole30 pineapple teriyaki chicken recipe is a quick and healthy weeknight meal, only sweetened with pineapple that’s blended in the addicting sauce. It comes together in 15 minutes and you’ll never get takeout again!
I’ve never really been a huge fan of teriyaki sauce unless I made it at home. Most teriyaki sauce from restaurants always tasted way too sickeningly sweet to me, and I always felt my blood sugar spiking after eating it. However, cooking at home allows to control my own spices and sweetness, and it’s the only way I enjoy any teriyaki dish now.
Whole30 Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
For this Whole30 teriyaki chicken, fresh or canned pineapple chunks are used to sweeten the sauce. The tart flavor of the pineapple complements this dish perfectly, and it’s been our go-to weeknight meal! Best of all, it only takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish
Easy Whole30 Teriyaki Sauce
This Whole30 teriyaki sauce is so easy to make with simple ingredients and they are:
- fresh OR canned pineapple chunks – make sure there’s no sugar added!
- coconut aminos – a great alternative to soy sauce if you want to avoid soy
- arrowroot starch
You just blend all these ingredients together until smooth in texture. The arrowroot starch helps the sauce thicken and coat the chicken once heated. Once you have the sauce ready, it’s very easy to make this Whole30 and paleo teriyaki chicken that you’ll want over and over again!
How to Make Whole30 Teriyaki Chicken
Once the Whole30 terikyaki sauce is made, the rest of the pineapple teriyaki chicken recipe is easy breezy:
- Stir fry the chicken pieces in oil on the stove top. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Cook garlic in the same pan until golden and fragrant.
- Add the blended sauce in the pan and simmer for 1 minute until thickened.
- Add the chicken back in the pan and cook in the sauce for 2 minutes until heated through.
That’s it! Super easy, better-than-takeout gluten free teriyaki chicken. You can sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions before serving, and the leftovers save well too.
What to Serve with Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
There are so many ways to enjoy this Whole30 and paleo teriyaki chicken, and the possibilities are endless. Here are some ideas on how to serve this delicious dish:
- with cauliflower rice, or regular rice if not avoiding grains
- green beans
- snap peas
- roasted carrots
- broccoli rabe
- sautéed zucchini
It goes well with so many stir-fry veggies so feel free to experiment!
If you enjoyed this pineapple teriyaki chicken recipe, you might also love…
- Paleo & Whole30 Sesame Chicken – Stovetop & Air Fryer Method
- Paleo Chicken Yakitori aka Japanese Chicken Skewers (Whole30, Keto, AIP Option)
- Whole30 Mongolian Beef (Paleo, Keto, AIP Option)
- Gluten Free Hot Dog Fried Rice (Paleo & Whole30 Option)
- Paleo & Whole30 Mandarin Chicken Salad with Coconut Chips
Whole30 Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Recipe (Paleo, AIP)
- 1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Sesame seeds and chopped green onions to serve (omit seasame seeds for AIP)
- Place all ingredients for the pineapple teriyaki sauce in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Toss the chicken pieces with salt.
- Heat ghee in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook stirring until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add garlic to the pan and stir for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the prepared pineapple teriyaki sauce and use a wooden spoon to scrap the bottom of the pan as it heats.
- Simmer the sauce for 1 minute until thickened.
- Add the chicken pieces to the sauce, and simmer for 2 minutes until heated through. Taste and add more sale, as needed.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onions, and serve with cauliflower rice.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.