This 5-minute Whole30 tzatziki sauce is fantastic as a dip for veggies or drizzled over meat dishes! It’s low carb and dairy free, but tastes so tangy and authentic.
My husband and I are both huge tzatziki sauce fans, so much so that when we dine at our favorite local Greek restaurant, we get extras of it on the side. The amount that comes with our main dish is never enough.
I can’t help myself from eating loads of it, even though I don’t always feel great eating dairy. This is why I was so excited when I was able to recreate it at home with this delicious and refreshing dairy free tzatziki sauce!
Whole30 Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
This Whole30 and paleo tzatziki sauce is just so easy and delicious. It only takes about 5 minutes to put together with just 7 total ingredients (if you don’t count salt and pepper)! It turns out so tangy and creamy, and it’s hard to believe that it’s completely dairy free. Not only that, it’s a low carb and keto tzatiki sauce with squeaky clean ingredients!
Ingredients in This Dairy Free Tzatziki Sauce
The ingredient list for this Whole30 tzatziki sauce and nice and short, and the whole sauce comes together in no time.
- Cucumber: Measure the cucumber after shredding. It should be about 1/2 of a large English cucumber. You’ll want to squeeze out the moisture as much as possibly so the sauce doesn’t get watery.
- Mayonnaise: Adds richness and thickness! Make sure to use a Whole30-compliant version like this one.
- Coconut milk: Use full-fat coconut milk for that creamy texture.
- Dill: Fresh is recommended, but if you are using dry, use half the amount.
- Lemon juice: A MUST for creating that tangy flavor without using yogurt in this dairy free tzatziki sauce.
- Garlic cloves: The subtle spiciness of raw garlic is just fantastic!
- Onion powder: I’m a huge fan and I like a to add double the amount than I listed on this recipe, but you can adjust to your preference.
As you can see, these are easy and simple ingredients you may already have in you kitchen. To make this Whole30 tzatziki sauce, all you have to do is mix everything together!
I do like to let the the sauce chill for about an hour, because the flavors get better as it sits and the texture gets thicker. But it’ll still be fantastic if you want to use it right away!
What to Eat With Whole30 Tzatziki Sauce
If you are wondering what to eat with tzatziki sauce when pita bread isn’t part of your diet, you can still enjoy it with so many other yummy things!
- with meat dishes, like grilled chicken, beef, or lamb
- drizzled over roasted vegetables
- as a dip for raw veggies
- over baked or mashed potatoes
- on burgers
- as a dressing on salads
- as a dip for chips
The possibilities are endless with this delicious and refreshing Whole30 and keto tzatziki sauce! You can keep it in the fridge for up to a week and serve with all your favorite dishes and snacks. Hope you enjoy!
Other recipes you may love…
- Paleo & Whole30 Ranch Dressing (Keto)
- Whole30 Honey Mustard (Paleo, Vegan)
- Moroccan Paleo Meatballs with Creamy Dipping Sauce (Whole30, Keto)
- Grilled Greek Lamb Skewers (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
Whole30 Tzatziki Sauce (Paleo, Keto)
- After measuring out the shredded cucumber, wrap it in a paper towel or a cheesecloth and squeeze out the liquid.
- Vigorously shake a can or carton of coconut milk before opening it to measure out 1/2 cup for the recipe.
- Combine cucumber, coconut milk, and the rest of the ingredients, and mix together.
- Taste to adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve immediately, or chill to thicken and firm up a bit.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.