So… who’s excited for Valentine’s Day? Half of you are probably saying, “Me, me, me!!” and the other half of you are probably rolling your eyes. But hey, no matter whether you are single or have that special someone to celebrate with, I think we can ALL enjoy some sweets and express a bit of love to someone else and/or to ourselves.
And what says L-O-V-E better than a chocolate treat? These sheet pan chocolate chip blondies will definitely fulfill the purpose of giving you all the happy feels without the gluten, soy, and processed sugars. They did for me!
Full disclosure: I made these chocolate chip blondies in a sheet pan for the sole reason that we are in the middle of a move staying at an Airbnb, and a sheet pan was all I had to bake anything in. But hey, I don’t regret a thing because they turned out fan-freakin-tastic! I already tested out popping them in the freezer and defrosting one square at a time and it still tastes amazing. Oh, and they are even better when toasted in the oven for a few minutes after getting defrosted!
If you want to go full treat mode, you can even make some chocolate frosting to slather on top and make it a sheet pan cake. The blondies are soft and fluffy enough to be pass as cake, and it’ll add another layer (pun intended) of decadence!
How will you be celebrating Valentine’s Day? C and I usually are pretty low-key about it. We don’t exchange presents but we do like to try out a restaurant we haven’t been to before. But, sometimes we just get lazy and I just cook at home. I know… cooking at home is lazy to us, but that’s because we can be our my sweatpants for dinner and there’s something so magical about that. Who’s with me??
No matter what you’ll be doing, I hope these sheet pan chocolate chip blondies will be part of your mini celebration of love, whether you are treating yourself or someone else!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 18"x13" sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond butter, avocado oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well until a thick batter is formed.
- Fold in 1 cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and take the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips and place them on top of the batter evenly. Bake for additional 10 minutes
- Cool completely before cutting into squares, then serve.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.