This is truly the best homemade guacamole recipe that’s simple and easy. It’s so addicting and full of flavor, and it’s the only classic guacamole recipe you need!
I know that it’s a bold statement to call a recipe “the best homemade guacamole,” but this Whole30 and paleo guacamole is just THAT good. There’s a reason why I’m ALWAYS in charge of making guacamole for any gathering with family and friends. I’ve been making and perfecting guacamole for years now, so I thought I had to share this delicious classic guacamole recipe with your all!
The Best Homemade Guacamole Recipe
To me, the perfect classic guacamole recipe is something that’s simple, with no frills or crazy ingredients. I’ve seen and tried various versions out there with unique add-ins. While many of them are different and delicious, I always go back to this classic guacamole recipe that tastes pretty dang close to the versions that I have tried in Mexico.
How to Make the Best Guacamole
The instructions in this paleo and Whole30 guacamole recipe are very simple. You just need some easy-to-find, high quality ingredients:
- lime juice
- jalapeño pepper (optional)
Mix everything together and let the flavors meld together before serving. Both cayenne and cilantro are optional ingredients. Not everyone loves their guacamole spicy, and many people really can’t stand the taste of cilantro (like my husband). I personally love both of these ingredients in my paleo guacamole, but it really depends on who you are serving it to!
What to Serve With The Best Homemade Guacamole
Of course, you can never go wrong with tortillas chips when it comes to a classic guacamole recipe. I really love Siete Foods chips or plantain chips to keep it paleo. You can even use it to top your meat and veggies if you are in the middle of your Whole30 or low carb. Here are some ideas:
- plantain chips
- Siete Foods chips
- over fish or meat
- in tacos and burrito bowls
- vegetables like cucumber, carrots, celery, and jicama
Other recipes you might love…
- Refreshing Blueberry Salsa (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb, Vegan)
- Creamy Chimichurri Sauce (Paleo & Vegan)
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas (Paleo, Whole30)
- Paleo Pollo Asado (Whole30, Keto)
- Paleo Mexican Scrambled Eggs
The Best Homemade Guacamole (Paleo, Whole30, Keto, Vegan, AIP Option)
- 3 medium avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin Omit for AIP
- Optional: 1/4 tsp cayenne Omit for AIP
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Optional: 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Optional: 1 jalapeño pepper seeds removed and chopped
- Peel and seed the avocados, and scoop out the pulp into a large bowl.
- Pour lime juice over the avocados.
- Add salt, cumin, and cayenne (if using), and mash together with a fork or a potato masher.
- Add onion, garlic, and cilantro (if using), and stir together.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving, so the flavors can meld together.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.