This quick and easy Whole30 & Keto Chorizo Omelette is going to be your new favorite breakfast or brunch item! It’s packed with veggies and so delicious.
If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you know I was intermittent fasting for over a year and kept my eating window around 12pm-8pm. I loved it so much. It helped so much with my IBS issues, kept my blood sugar stable, and I just loved the amount of energy I had throughout the day from it.
However, I stopped fasting once I found out that I was pregnant. I needed more nutrition in my body, so I started eating within the first hour of waking up. The good news is that I now have an extra meal to get creative in the kitchen and I’ve been loving eating plenty of eggs (my favorite!) in all forms.
Whole30 & Keto Chorizo Omelette Recipe
One of the recent breakfast items that I’ve been loving is this Whole30 and keto chorizo omelette. Not only is it really easy and quick to make, you can’t beat the flavors of spicy chorizo with the creamy eggs, with bites of crunchy bell peppers in between!
Keeping It Whole30
To keep this keto chorizo omelette Whole30, you just need to read the ingredients for the chorizo before purchasing. There are so many chorizo on the market with sugar and preservatives in it. Make sure there are no sugar, nitrates, or shady ingredients in it!
Customize With Toppings
While this Whole30 & Keto Chorizo Omelette tastes so addicting and amazing on its own, I do like it better when I give it a little extra love with some yummy toppings! Here are some of my favorites:
- sour cream (skip if on the Whole30)
- avocado slices
- hot sauce
- cilantro or other fresh herbs
- cheese, if you aren’t sensitive to dairy (this is probably better inside the omelette before you close it up!)
- bacon bits
Add them all, or just your favorite ones. Hope you enjoy this quick and easy dish to start your day!
Whole30 & Keto Chorizo Omelette
- Heat 3 tsp (1 tbsp) of ghee in a pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and onion, and sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Add green bell pepper and stir cooking for 1 minute.
- Add chorizo and cook for 5 minutes, while breaking apart until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, sea salt, and pepper.
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a nonstick skillet over medium low heat.
- Add half of the egg mixture and tilt the pan to spread it out into a thin circle.
- Cook for 2 minutes until the bottom is set and the top is still slightly runny.
- Add half of the chorizo mixture over one half of the egg circle.
- Fold the eggs from the other side to create a half-circle omelette.
- Carefully slide the omelette onto a plate.
- Repeat with the other half of the eggs and chorizo.
- Serve immediately, topped with your topping of choice.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.