Oh hi! Merry Christmas Eve!! I haven’t posted in almost 2 weeks. It’s been sorta hectic around here. My parents got here a few days ago from South Korea for the holidays (yay!!), so I’ve been busy with life stuff like cleaning the apartment, cooking up a storm, and taking them around the bay area for all the touristy activities. But I’m back now just in time with a seriously delicious cookie recipe that is grain-free, egg-free, and gluten-free.
I have so. much. cranberries in the freezer. I bought way more than I should since they are so bright and festive this time of year, and I’ve been using them for decorations like cranberry and popcorn garlands for the tree and cranberry candle centerpieces (Pinterest runs my life, clearly). Since my dad loves sweets, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to make a healthy treat out of some of the leftover cranberries.
And cranberries and chocolate make such a great combo.
Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, I hope you have a great holiday with your loved ones. I’ll be cooking a big Christmas Eve dinner for my family tonight and the menu includes my prosciutto “cheese” stuffed mushrooms, a crown of lamb, roasted beets & yams & carrots, bacon brussels sprouts, and a lemon custard pie (recipe to come!). Off I go cooking!
Merry Christmas, everyone!!
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo, Egg-free)Print Pin Rate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In another mix together coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut milk. and vanilla extract.
- Add the combined wet ingredients to dry, and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips, cranberries, and walnuts and combine.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or a Silpat mat, and drop the dough by the tablespoon so it makes about 16 cookies.
- Flatten them slightly, and bake for about 11 minutes until you see the bottoms browning a bit.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool completely so they firm up enough to handle.