This paleo lemon garlic shrimp pasta is full of flavor and so quick to make. It’s perfect for a dinner party or just for a tasty easy meal with your family. I made it using gluten and grain free pasta but you can use whatever you have on hand!
Shrimp is one of my favorite proteins to prepare because it cooks so fast, which means quick and easy meals. Not only that, my whole family loves shrimp – even my almost 2-year-old toddler. I love adding flavor to shrimp through a variety of spices and ingredients, but this lemon and garlic shrimp pasta has got to be my favorite.
In This Post…
- One Pot Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- Directions: How to Make Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Printable Recipe
One Pot Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta Recipe
One of things I love about this paleo shrimp pasta is that everything can be cooked in one pot. From boiling the pasta to cooking the shrimp, all the ingredients come together in a single pot for an easy cleanup. Not only that, the dish is bursting with flavor from the minced garlic toasted in ghee, then melded together with lemon zest and juice. It’s just the best lemon garlic shrimp pasta recipe that your whole family will love!
Ingredients in Healthy Lemon Garlic Pasta
Not only is this lemon and garlic shrimp pasta easy to make, you most likely have all the ingredients on hand! Here’s what you need to make this delicious dish:
- grain free dried spaghetti pasta: This is the best grain free pasta (in my humble opinion) and I use it often.
- ghee: It’s so easy to make it at home.
- garlic cloves
- crushed red pepper flakes: You can omit if you don’t want the spice added.
- shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt & pepper
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- chopped fresh parsley
- grated parmesan: This is optional if you are fine with consuming dairy.
Directions: How to Make Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Once you have the ingredients, the rest of the recipe is simple. Here’s how to make lemon garlic shrimp pasta:
- Depending on what gluten and grain free pasta brand you use, cook according to directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, then add ghee
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, stir cooking until fragrant.
- Add shrimp to the pan in a single layer, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then cook for 1-2 minutes per side until just cooked through. Don’t overcook the shrimp, it’ll get tough and chewy.
- Turn the heat to low, then add cooked pasta, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Toss everything together with a tong to combine.
- Remove from heat, then sprinkle with parsley and parmesan cheese (if using). Serve warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can! Ghee is butter with the milk solids cooked off. Keep in mind that if you have dairy sensitivity-you may react to butter, but not ghee.
Fresh shrimp has the best flavor, but frozen shrimp can be used for this paleo shrimp pasta. Just defrost them first before using them in this recipe.
There are several gluten free and paleo pasta brands these days. My favorite so far is Jovial Foods cassava flour pasta. I also hear amazing things about Cappello’s almond flour pasta. There is also shirataki noodles, but they don’t resemble authentic pasta flavor or texture – but they are a great option if you are low carb or keto.
If you aren’t paleo or gluten free, you can use any type of spaghetti pasta of your choice for this healthy lemon garlic shrimp pasta recipe.
Ideas on what to serve with lemon garlic shrimp pasta?
If you are wondering what to serve with lemon garlic shrimp pasta, it can be any veggie dish. My personal favorite are roasted veggies like broccoli or asparagus, or a simple salad with a refreshing dressing.
While this dish is best served right away, you can store leftovers to enjoy later. Store in a refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container. Then, quickly reheat on the stove or in the microwave before serving.
For other paleo pasta recipes, check out…
- Paleo Shrimp Alfredo with Artichokes Hearts (Whole30, Keto, AIP)
- Bacon Jalapeño Mac and Cheese (Paleo, Dairy Free)
- Ham and Pea Pasta Salad (Paleo Option)
- Paleo Chicken Lo Mein (Whole30, Low Carb Option)
- Vegan Pumpkin Mac and Cheese (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
One Pot Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta (Grain Free & Paleo)
- 10 oz grain free dried spaghetti pasta or any other spaghetti of your choice
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- Optional: 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or more
- 1½ lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Optional: Grated parmesan if you aren't dairy free or paleo
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, stir for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add shrimp to the pan in a single layer, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then cook for 1-2 minutes per side until just cooked through.
- Turn the heat to low, then add cooked pasta, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Toss to combine.
- Remove from heat, then top with parsley and parmesan cheese (if using). Serve immediately.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.