This Whole30 and Paleo Asian Coleslaw is a delicious and refreshing side dish to any meal that’s packed with all the healthy veggies. You’ll love the crunchy addition of toasted cashews as well!
I’m a huge coleslaw lover. Not only is it deliciously crunchy, refreshing, and perfect as a side to any meal, it’s one of those dishes that actually taste better on the 2nd or 3rd day so it’s great for making a giant batch of to eat throughout the week, especially when you are busy. Recently, I put a spin on my classic coleslaw recipe by using Asian flavors and ingredients, and I’m kinda obsessed with the result. This Paleo Asian Coleslaw turned out so fabulous that I know it’ll be on a weekly rotation in our house.
Paleo Asian Coleslaw Recipe
The textures and colors are so bold and vibrant with various vegetables, crunchy toasted cashews, and flavor packed dressing made with coconut aminos, fish sauce, sesame oil garlic, and ginger. This coleslaw, of course, is served as a side, but I’m not joking when I say that I’ve been eating 2-3 servings of this on its own in one sitting with a small portion of protein because it’s so dang delicious.
Best of all, this Paleo Asian Coleslaw comes together so quickly and easily that the hardest part is slicing the vegetables and toasting the cashews. The rest is just tossing everything together and letting the flavors combine and meld. It’s a delicious way to get in a ton of healthy nutrients in your meal with minimal effort!
This recipe is coming to you as part of the #AsianSaladFeast link party to celebrate the first day of Spring, hosted by JinJoo of Kimchimari. There are around 15 of us participating, each sharing an Asian salad recipe that’s delicious, unique, and fun.
Here are the other bloggers’ creations who are taking part in this celebration:
Wok & Skillet’s Thai Larb Salad
Brunch-n-Bites’s Gado Gado Salad
Nut Free Wok’s Vietnamese Chicken and Rice Vermicelli Salad
What To Cook Today’s Urap (Salad with Spiced Grated Coconut Topping)
Healthy World Cuisine’s Authentic Thai Fish Salad
A Taste of Joy and Love’s Thai Seafood Salad (Yum Talay)
Kimchimari’s Tofu Salad with Iceberg Lettuce and Sweet Corn
Grits & Chopsticks’ Crunchy Thai Eggplant Salad
The Sasha Diaries’ Springtime Sushi Bowl
Love Is In My Tummy’s Burmese Gin Thoke (Ginger Salad)
Chopstick Chronicles’ Shabu Shabu Cold Noodle Salad
V for Veggy’s Japanese Potato Salad
Daily Cooking Quest’s Broccolini Sesame Dressing
Paleo Asian Coleslaw
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 carrot shredded or grated
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Sea salt to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cashews to the skillet and toast stirring for 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from heat and let the cashews cool, then chop roughly into smaller pieces.
- Quarter the cabbage. Remove the core and thinly slice each quarter crosswise.
- Combine cabbage, bell pepper, carrot, onion, green onions, and cashews in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour over the vegetables and mix together well until everything is coated in the dressing.
- Let the coleslaw sit for 10 minutes or more in the refrigerator. The flavors will build more the longer it sits.
- Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds right before serving.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.