These oven baked Thai curry wings are so crispy and flavorful, coated in the most addicting Thai curry wing sauce. It’s Whole30 and keto, and perfect for game day!
Chicken wings are very popular in our household. We probably have them once a week and I’ve tried so many different homemade flavors from classic buffalo, sriracha, sweet and sour, and more. However, these keto and Whole30 baked chicken wings coated in a flavorful Thai curry wing sauce have been our recent favorite.
Whole30 and Keto Thai Curry Wings Recipe
There are 2 components to this yummy keto wings recipe: ultra crispy and yummy, honestly the BEST oven baked wings, and the creamy and thick Thai curry wing sauce. You first bake the wings, then make the sauce while the wings are in the oven. At the end, you put the 2 components together for a seriously delicious Whole30 chicken wing recipe that people will go crazy over on game days.
How to Bake Wings in the Oven
There are so many ways to cook wings these days from the grill, the Instant Pot, the air fryer, and the oven. I’ve tried all the methods and they are all delicious in their own way. When I’m making a big batch though, I always go back to the oven method. Here’s how to bake wings in the oven so they are delicious and ultra crispy:
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. The high heat will ensure that the wings will get very crispy.
- The secret ingredient for crispy wings is baking powder, which I learned in this article. Place the wings in a large mixing bowl, then sprinkle with baking powder, curry powder, coriander, and sea salt. Toss together to coat the chicken evenly.
- Arrange the wings on the baking sheet in a single layer, then bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Flip them halfway through.
Done! You’ll notice how crispy the wings are at the end to yield the tastiest and the best oven baked wings. If you want them with even more crunch, you can use a metal rack to place on top of the baking sheet and bake the wings on top of the rack.
Ingredients in Easy Thai Curry Wing Sauce
What really elevates the flavors of these Whole30 chicken wings is the delicious and easy Thai curry wing sauce. It comes together in no time and you can make it while the wings are baking. These are the sauce ingredients for this Whole30 chicken wing recipe:
- ghee (or butter if not Whole30)
- coconut milk
- curry paste
- hot sauce
- fish sauce
- lime zest
You can adjust seasoning to increase the hot sauce for more heat. These keto and Whole30 chicken wings are not too spicy as written, and that was purposeful so you can adjust the spices to your liking.
All these ingredients are simmered together for just a short time until they are heated through, then tossed with the baked wings for a super flavorful and addicting Thai curry wings!
If you enjoyed this Thai curry Whole30 chicken wings, you might also like:
- Spicy Garlic Sauce Paleo Chicken Wings (Whole30, Keto)
- Extra Crispy Air Fryer Drumsticks (Paleo, Whole30, Keto) – Oven Method Included
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings (AIP, Paleo)
- Instant Pot Thai Coconut Curry Meatballs – Includes Stovetop Instructions (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- Game Day Baked Chicken Wings
Thai Curry Wings (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- 3 lb chicken wings
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 inch ginger minced
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp hot sauce or more to taste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Zest of 1 lime
- Sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the wings in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with baking powder, curry powder, coriander. Toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, while flipping halfway through.
- While the chicken is baking, make the Thai curry sauce: Heat a small saucepan over medium high and add ghee.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir cooking for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, hot sauce, fish sauce, and lime zest, and cook whisking for a few minutes until heated through and combined. Taste to adjust seasoning, then remove from heat.
- Once the chicken is finished baking, toss with the prepared Thai curry sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions before serving.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.