This keto and Whole30 buffalo chicken salad is the most delicious and addicting twist on a classic dish, and it is so easy and quick to make!
Put buffalo sauce on anything, and we’ll eat it in our house. We are huge fans of the spicy and addicting flavor and we’ll find any excuse to enjoy it. So when my husband asked about a recipe for a Whole30 and keto buffalo chicken salad to bring to work for lunch, I was pretty darn excited to create it and knew I needed to share it with you all.
Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
This is one of the easiest recipes to make, and it keeps really well as a make-ahead meal. In fact, I like to double or triple the recipe for busy weeks to have on hand for a quick lunch that you can pull out of the fridge. With the creaminess that comes from mayonnaise and all veggies that it’s packed with, this paleo buffalo chicken salad can be enjoyed alone, or alongside veggies or crackers!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Salad
This Whole30 and keto buffalo chicken salad is one of those insanely quick meals to put together if you have leftover chicken on hand. You can even purchase precooked rotisserie chicken to really cut down on time.
Main Ingredients in Whole30 & Keto Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Cooked chicken: You can purchase rotisserie chicken for almost no effort, or use leftover chicken on hand. Don’t have either on hand? Check under “Notes” in the recipe box for how to cook raw chicken breasts or thighs for this recipe.
- Celery: I love the refreshing crunch and flavor that the celery stalks provide.
- Carrot: You can omit the carrot if you don’t have it on hand. I just love it because it’s an extra veggie with healthy nutrients that I can pack into the salad.
- Green onions: Adds another layer of crunch and flavor that’s so delicious.
- Mayonnaise: You can make your own or use this Whole30-compliant mayonnaise.
- Hot sauce: I highly recommend Frank’s Red Hot Sauce because it gives the best buffalo sauce flavor. Clean ingredients too!
- Dijon mustard: Gives a little tang to make the salad even more delicious. I recommend this Whole30 version!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Salad
All it takes to make this paleo buffalo chicken salad is some arm muscle to chop all the ingredients, and mix everything together. That’s it! So dang easy.
Ways to Serve This Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Eat it on its own! It’s delicious and filling, and packed with plenty of veggies.
- Serve in a lettuce wrap. I love butter lettuce for this.
- Over greens and vegetables in a salad bowl
- With crackers
- Over toast or in a sandwich
- Alongside cooked vegetables
I’ve enjoyed this keto buffalo chicken salad in so many different ways, and it’s always so delicious. It’s a filling and satisfying Whole30 make ahead meal so I recommend you make a big batch to enjoy all week!
Other recipes you might love…
- Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip (Paleo, Keto)
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- Whole30 Cobb Salad (Paleo, Keto)
- Keto & Whole30 Egg Salad
- Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Paleo Buffalo Chicken Chili
Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Salad (Paleo, Keto)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken* about 1 lb raw chicken breasts or thighs (see Notes)
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce or start with 3 tbsp if you don't love spicy
- 1/4 cup paleo mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl and toss together to mix well.
- Enjoy immediately, or keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Heat about 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken in a single layer and pan fry for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and chop into cubes.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.