This paleo and meal prep-friendly Instant Pot Shredded Beef is made with only 4 ingredients, and can be used to create various meals throughout the week!
While I love a good barbacoa or shredded beef with delicious flavors, if I’m going to cook 3-4 pounds of beef for just me and my husband, I want to have the option of re-purposing it for several meals and we don’t like to eat the same exact thing over and over again.
4-Ingredient Multi-Purpose Instant Pot Shredded Beef Recipe
Enter: this easy and delicious Instant Pot Shredded Beef. This recipe yields a plain and basic shredded beef with no special spices added except salt. The result is a great base protein that can be added to multiple meals by flavoring it with your choice of spices and sauces. It’s such a budget friendly way to stretch out one recipe and a great meal-prep recipe that you can enjoy throughout the week.
And the best part? Only 4 ingredients total! And that’s including salt. Getting a meal on the table has never been this easy.
Delicious Ways to Enjoy This Instant Pot Shredded Beef
You can use this shredded beef in any dish that you want to add beef to, but here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy it in my meal after flavoring it with spices or sauces specific to that dish:
- On its own, alongside vegetables
- In tacos
- In burrito bowls
- In taquitos
- In stir frys
- In soups and stews
- In casseroles
- In salads
- In curry
- Over nachos
- Alongside eggs for breakfast
- Stuffed in sweet potatoes or bell peppers
- As a pizza topping
The possibilities are honestly endless. It’s all about finding creative ways to incorporate it into your dish!
I would love to know… how would you use this Instant Pot Shredded Beef? Share below!
- 3-4 lb of beef rump roast or chuck roast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups of bone broth or beef broth
- Cut the roast into 4 even pieces and season all sides with salt.
- Set Instant Pot to the Sauté setting and heat coconut oil in the pot for 10 minutes.
- Add the roast pieces and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Press Cancel, and add the broth over the beef. Close the lid and make sure the pressure-release valve is closed.
- Cook at high pressure on Manual for 50 minutes. Once the Instant Pot beeps to signal that it's done, let it sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the pressure to release naturally until the lid opens.
- Transfer the roast to a cutting board, and shred the meat with 2 forks. Return to the Instant Pot and keep warm until ready to use.
- You can eat the shredded beef on its own with various sides, or use in other dishes like tacos, burrito bowls, stir-fry, sandwiches, and more.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.