These easy and delicious paleo Greek meatballs with tzatziki sauce are an easy and flavorful weeknight meal. They only take 15 minutes of cook time!
I just love Greek and Mediterranean flavors when cooking or dining out. The spice combo is just so irresistible and addicting, especially when combined with hummus or a good tzatziki sauce. I always thought it would be really hard to recreate those flavors at home, but turns out, it’s actually really easy to do!
Paleo Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
These paleo and Whole30 Greek meatballs are a great weeknight recipe, because they come together super quickly with only 15 minutes of cook time in the oven. With a delicious combination of spices packed into the meat, you’ll love how juicy and delicious these paleo Greek meatballs are.
Don’t Forget the Whole30 Tzatziki Sauce
These Whole30 and keto Greek meatballs are delicious on their own, but they are WAY better with my Whole30 Tzatziki Sauce. The tanginess and the creaminess of the dairy-free sauce complements the meatballs so well and makes them taste really authentic. I highly recommend you don’t skip out on it!
The sauce actually takes almost no time at all to make, but I highly recommend that you make it FIRST before starting on the keto Greek meatballs. This is because it tastes way better the longer it sits, after the ingredients have melded together for a while and the flavors have time to build.
Tips for Making Paleo Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce
- Just like I stated above, make the Whole30 tzatziki sauce first so it has time to build its flavor. You can even do this a day ahead.
- These Whole30 Greek meatballs can be made with lamb for a more authentic flavor, or you can use half beef and half lamb. For me, personally, I find it easier to find ground beef and it’s more budget-friendly and it’s still so delicious.
- Do not overwork the meat when you mix. Stir until JUST combined. Mixing the meat too much will result in dry and tough meatballs.
- These are smaller meatballs (about 1 1/2 inch wide) and they can dry out if you cook for too long. Make sure to pull them out of the oven as soon as they are cooked through.
I love enjoying these paleo and keto Greek meatballs with tzatziki sauce in a salad form, but you can enjoy it over rice, cauliflower rice, or even in a pita bread if you are okay with gluten. They are fantastic on their own as well!
Other recipes you might love…
- Paleo & Whole30 Cauliflower Falafel (Air Fryer, Pan Fried, or Oven Baked)
- Whole30 Tzatziki Sauce (Paleo, Keto)
- Paleo Pumpkin Hummus (Whole30, Vegan, Keto)
- Roasted Whole30 Greek Salad (Paleo, Keto, Vegan)
- Grilled Greek Lamb Skewers (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
Paleo Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1/2 batch Whole30 Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef or ground lamb
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 3 tbsp grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Make the Whole30 tzatziki sauce first and set aside in the refrigerator to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a baking sheet with your favorite cooking oil.
- Place all ingredients (except tzatziki sauce) in a large bowl and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Shape in to 24 meatballs (about 1 1/2 inch wide) and place on the baking sheet in a single layer without having them touch each other.
- Bake for 15 minutes until just cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with chilled tzatziki sauce.
Regarding other affiliate links and affiliate relationships: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thank you for your support and understanding.