Whole30-friendly and paleo marinated grilled greek lamb skewers are so flavorful and delicious, and perfect for the summer!
What is it about food on sticks that makes them so darn fun and yummy? Grilling season is in full swing, and I’m enjoying every bit of it because I love grilling and it adds so much flavor! If you agree, you need to keep reading because you’ll absolutely love this recipe.
I’m a huge fan of lamb, and it’s what I usually get at a restaurant if it’s an option. It’s just so flavorful and feels fancy, but in reality, it’s actually very easy to cook at home and quite forgiving and still tender if you end up overcooking it a bit. One of the newer Trader Joe’s products is grass fed lamb, so we’ve been enjoying it more often than usual and the husband and I have been loving it. And our recent favorite way to cook lamb is this grilled Greek lamb skewers!
The Greek marinade is what really makes this recipe shine because it’s just so flavorful with a salty, lemony punch. I highly recommend you marinate overnight because it truly makes a difference! I plan to keep this recipe in my weekly rotation, because we honestly couldn’t get enough.
You can use any veggies (or none at all) for this recipe that are appropriate for grilling. Zucchini, bell peppers, and onions are some of my favorites, but eggplants, tomatoes, or anything else that’s hardy enough to withstand direct heat from the grill can work.
Don’t have a grill? Try broiling it! All these Greek lamb skewers needs is a hot, direct heat for a short time, and it’ll be cooked in no time. Hope you bookmark this one to make this summer because it’s definitely a winner!
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb lamb leg steak, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- Vegetables for grilling (zucchini, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, eggplant, mushrooms, etc
- Metal or bamboo skewers
- Lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade and and whisk together.
- Place lamb pieces in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade over the meat. Massage the meat so it's coated with the marinade evenly.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Cut vegetables into bit sized pieces.
- Thread the vegetables and marinated lamb pieces onto the skewers, alternating between the two. Pour the leftover marinade over the skewers so the vegetable are coated with the marinade
- Cook on the grill for 3 minutes on each side until the lamb is cooked through, about 9-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice before serving.